BBQ vegetables with goat’s cheese :
- 4 aubergines, cut into 1cm slices lengthways
- 8 plum tomatoes, each cut into 3 thick slices
- 2 bunches of spring onions, trimmed
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 100g packs firm goat’s cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 8 flour tortillas
- Put the sliced aubergines, tomatoes and whole spring onions into a large shallow dish. Whisk the olive oil, white wine vinegar and garlic together with plenty of seasoning, pour over the vegetables and toss well.
- Barbecue the aubergine slices directly over a medium high heat for 4-5 minutes each side, until tender and marked. Remove and put into a large shallow bowl. Barbecue the tomatoes and spring onions for 3-4 minutes, turning once. Add to the aubergines. Crumble the goat’s cheese over the hot vegetables and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toss very gently.
- To serve, scatter the basil leaves over the vegetables.Warm the floured tortillas on the barbecue for 1-2 minutes, turning once. Let each guest take a spoonful from the platter of vegetables and goat’s cheese and fold up in a warm tortilla.