What is Chicken Tetrazzini?
Chicken Tetrazzini is a pasta bake casserole made with diced up chicken or turkey (or even seafood), mushrooms, and a buttery, cream based sauce. The popular American dish was created by chef Ernest Arbogast in honor of the Italian opera star Luisa Tetrazzini, who debuted at his San Francisco hotel in the 1900’s.
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound seasoned cooked chicken , chopped or shredded
- 1 pound thin spaghetti , cooked al dente
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together both soups, sour cream, butter, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until combined.
- Stir in the peas, chicken, and spaghetti; toss to combine until fully coated.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is hot throughout.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!