Grinch Brownies are anything but “grinchy.” They’re a mix of rich chocolate and mint that are guaranteed to make any Grinch’s heart grow at least three sizes.
- 1 9 x13 boxes of brownie mix
- 26 Mint Oreo cookies chopped
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops of leaf green food coloring
- red hots candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package.
- Chop 16 Oreo cookies into quarters and mix them into the brownie batter.
- Chop the remaining Oreo cookies into quarters putting them into another bowl. Set aside.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Check the brownies to see if they are completely cooked.
- Once baked, put the baking pan on a wire rack allowing the brownies to cool.
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to simmer.
- Put a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot of simmering water.
- Pour the white chocolate and heavy cream in the bowl. Stir constantly until melted. Take white chocolate chips and heavy cream mixture in the bowl off the heat.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Now add a few drops of green food coloring. Stir well to combine. (You can add more mint extract, up to 1/2 teaspoon.)
- Quickly pour the ganache on top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped Oreos on top of the ganache. Sprinkle on the red candies.
- Chill the brownies, allowing the ganache to set for at least an hour.
- Cut the brownies into bars.